Friday 4 May 2012

Mumbai To Hydrebad!!

                             Its my train journey from Mumbai to Hyderabad. What made me post this is that it had a different feel of traveling. (I hope I can show that to u!) I live in Surat. My train journey started from there but u know having traveled to Mumbai so many times it has nothing different in the travel. But Mumbai-Hyderabad was different. Reading u may say it was not different but something was there in the atmosphere which made it different.
                             So on the Dadar terminus, the Hyderabad-Deccan was already waiting to welcome me. The cream colored dusty train was clean from inside a rare site in Indian train sorry to say. Its was well kept than other trains , I m talking about A.C compartments. But what was different in this train was it instantly gave me the feeling of going to different region. It had a feel of different culture. U know all the Western railway trains have blue color. Blue color trains, interiors and everything. But this train had cream and brown theme. This made me remember that I m going to enter the Deccan plateau or Peninsula plateau whatever u refer. Seeing this brown berths, sandstone floors, cream blankets; my mind connected it with the Deccan plateau. I had learnt that the plateau region states, the Karnataka and Andhra are rocky, It connected the brown with the rocks and hills. U get it right! So right from when I entered I started to feel a different culture.
                              Just as we settled down two boys came on our opposite berths. I guess they were in late teens or in early twenties. We settled they settled but I don't know why they didn't settle their bags down! So as usual like boys they settled down and took out their phones. One got his headphones in and other took another gadget out. A Play Station! He started playing a football game! And that's what made me realize that even if go in a different culture, country or continent, Boys will be Boys! Boys and their love for football. My mind could never catch that. Then the TC came and they suddenly vanished. Don't know why did the try to board the train without ticket. But I guess they were going to Pune from their talks. After all they were students.     
                            After they went away I figured it out that analytical me was so engrossed it them that I didn't figure out I didn't have a window seat! Yeah a window seat is very important to me in any means of travel. I need a window to feel comfortable. My time passes quickly and effortlessly when I have a window to see outside. Upon this, this guy having seat on the side of the alley was constantly staring me! And I m damn uncomfortable with stares. As a girl I should like attention but nor can I take attention , stares or compliments. I feel irritated. I was seeing my mood deteriorate. At that moment I saw an empty window seat. U can know how would I have been feeling. I confess in the whole journey I would always be finding a window seat.
                            Amidst all this it started raining near Lonavala! Yeah early rains. I dont like getting wet. But I love seeing it raining. The wet soil smell is the best part of it. I love rain (till I m not going to get wet) because Surat doesnt have much rain. It was a beautiful scene. As we passed the ghats, the scene mesmerized me. The ghats were scenic but the rain made it more beautiful. I suddenly found comparing it with Darjeeling slopes minus the tea plantations! ;) :D  Seeing the rain my fellow passenger started a chat. She lived in Mumbai and rain is terrible to her! I understand! She asked me y was I going to Hyderabad and this and that! She was talkative much as me! She found out that I m from Surat an said She likes it. Its a nice place. Now its a common compliment but even u would like a compliment for ur city. It feels good when ur common city is liked by someone!

( P.S Sorry this journey was in the last month but u know 7 days holiday and then completing all the assignments.I would like some comments and would be thankful.  Would write soon bye! Cya! Take care till then )

7 comments:

  1. And this is another journey in the blog world and looks like we are in the same compartment…

    all the best with your assignments

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yeah I guess so! We r in the same one!
    Thanks a lot! I completed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very colorful and interesting blog...only the bckground makes it difficult to read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for informing would change soon. Next time u come u wont complain for this!!

      Delete
  4. Aha... like that window part.
    Always wanted a window while travelling (and now I carry on with this obsession in planes too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I like try every now and then to exchange seats.. and the being a girl it works miraculously! ;) :D

      Delete